Friday, October 17, 2014

Dipping the bike

Day 1 - dipped the bike into the ocean at the Venice Beach pier.  It really wasn't a regular biking day, because I only rode 4 miles down and 4 miles back to my host's house.  In fact, my host, Jeanette, drove down to the beach after me and it took both of us to drag the bike through the sand down to the water.  We kept waiting for a wave to hit the back wheel, and then it would either miss the wheel or come up too far.  Needless to say my shoes became completely drenched and then completely caked in sand.

The bike handled well with all the weight.  My brother, who is an athletic instructor, had advised me not to ride at all that day but to rest, but I  had to take the bike down and officially dip that back wheel.  I also didn't push myself very hard on the ride back to Jeanette's house.  Just nice and slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment