Sunday, April 15, 2012

A place to ride

I know this sounds crazy, but I can't get it out of my head. I would like to cycle in Iran. Why Iran? Because once inside the country, I suspect it's very safe to be... unlike Iraq or Afghanistan. If I wanted to see a Persian culture and be relatively safe, I think Iran is the place to go. Of course, there would have to be some dress code modifications, but I wouldn't be worried about road side bombs or suicide bombers or snipers. Iranians are reportedly very friendly. Maybe I could even get some groups of women out cycling.

I need to get a new Road ID. The three contact numbers on the current one have become irrelevant. One is a neighbor who isn't speaking to me. One is a friend who is too far away and not as available as when I first got the thing, and the third... well, he's decided not to be in my life anymore. So, I think I'll get a new one with my landlady's number, my sister's number and the third is still undecided. I can't afford it right now, but I will get a new one. I almost hate wearing the one I have because I wouldn't want any of those people contacted if something happened to me.

Today was CicLAvia, and I didn't go. The meet-up was at the West Hollywood park at 8:30a.m., but I just couldn't get out of bed. There is another bike thing next Sunday, this time to go to LACMA, and if you ride your bike, the admission is free, plus they will have a bike valet. So, might do that as I haven't been to LACMA for a long, long time (only once actually).

No comments:

Post a Comment