Saturday, September 20, 2014

More things disappearing

I'm sure I must sound like a broken record regarding how my apartment is emptying, but it's absolutely true.  Some things I just couldn't get rid of until I got my last cookie orders out.  Then it was a matter of getting rid of them as fast as possible.  So for example, I had a ton of coffee mugs.  I used the mugs for mixing icing colors, but I had far more than I ever needed, plus I had odds and ends of other china/pottery.  I had use of my boss's car for a few hours this afternoon while she played Bridge, but I wasn't as prepared as I needed to be, and found myself scrambling and sweating in the heat to get rid of things.  Oh, it was a bit crazy.  I did get rid of a lot of BIG stuff that I couldn't carry on the bike to the thrift store, and that was helpful.  However, because I scrambled, things got left behind that I hadn't meant to leave behind.

I've boxed up my camping gear... and I'm thinking... dang that box weighs a lot and I was thinking of taking THAT on the bike????  Well, it's all I've got for now, and I think I'll ship it to Scotland.   But no way am I taking that on the bike with me.  Will definitely be ordering different equipment over there.

There is an ASDA within a mile of my friend's house.  That's good.  I'll walk over there on Oct. 3 and get some supplies for Oct 4/5.  I'd ride the bike but I want to scope it out for safe bike lock up there.  Otherwise I will just always walk.  Can't afford anything to happen to the bike.  I feel like... hey, if the plane lost my luggage, that's one thing.  If anything happened to my bike, them's fightin' problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment