Wednesday, May 16, 2012

10 milers

I'm feeling beat up.  I'm doing 70 miles per week right now, and I'm feeling it.  I shouldn't be, but I am.  Every night after work when I get home, I just drop, it seems.  However, I know it's just an adjustment period, and it will get better.  I am also well on the way to meeting my goal of being at 850 miles on the bike by the end of May, and I think I might get closer to 900.

It makes me think that a trip across the USA, which I still really want to do, will be even more taxing, and how will I get up day after day for another 60-80 miles.  The interesting thing is that once you get back on the bike, you're in the groove within a few miles.

My biggest intersection on my daily route.  If the crosswalk button doesn't get pushed, the light is very short.
I haven't bought anything new for the bike for a while.  I need to get it into the shop for maintenance.  Needs new brakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment