Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Robertson

Today I again took my bike into the bank on the way to work, but afterwards had to make a decision which way I would then head south. Normally I wouldn't consider Robertson Blvd. as it is too crowded, single lanes, and just downright obnoxious. However, I'd never ridden the northern end of Robertson before. I've ridden the southern end from Robertson/Guthrie to one mile south underneath the 10 freeway to catch the bike lane on Venice Blvd, but I had avoided the upper part. However, I did take it down to Olympic Blvd today, then headed east on Olympic two blocks to Shenandoah, then headed south to my destination. I have to say, I don't like Olympic blvd either for the fast traffic and the city buses - something that continues to scare me. It would be helpful if Olympic had bike lanes, but it does not.

I was delayed a little at work from leaving at my normal time (5:00), so I ended up leaving closer to 6:00 and by the time I got home it was pretty dark. I need to investigate getting some lights for my wheels to help be more visible to others, even though I have flashing lights in back and the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment