Friday, September 9, 2011

Battle of Wounded Knee rages on

So, here I sit, four days after the little mishap and realize that it wasn't "little" after all but quite serious. Now, that being said, I do not believe that anything is broken. However, there is extensive soft tissue damage and probably some nerve damage. It is extremely sensitive to touch and although there is improvement in some ways, in other ways, I just am constantly made aware of how bad a fall it was. When I fell, it felt as if I had ripped all the skin off my knee area. The pain was searing and immense. On a scale of 1-10, it was about a 20. Of course, I looked at it, and there wasn't much external damage, certainly not enough for a pain area that broad, but it was what was under the skin that was causing the pain. Muscles may be be crushed and torn. Not sure. But on the left side of the injured knee (right side in the pic), wrong movements will reinvigorate that searing pain, like tearing, ripping, burning. I'm taking more Ambrotose. Hopefully that will help my body with the information it needs for faster healing. Also light touching of the really damaged area sends nerve shockwaves to the other side of my knee. Not painful waves... just a weird feeling. Discoloration from bruising is still rising to the surface.

So, I'm still off the bike. I could ride it, I'm sure, but I think the knee needs more internal healing time. I'm ready to go, but my knee is not. Walking is not painful unless I've just had a little tweak of retearing something. Then it's just burning/stinging, like a fresh scrape, only you can't see the scrape. Meniscus tear? I don't think so.

I'll rest it all weekend as much as possible and spend time studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment