Sunday, August 21, 2011

Unplanned Rest

Although I rested on Saturday, I did not plan to rest on Sunday. However, I either had food poisoning or stomach flu, and I ended up sleeping most of the day. It did make me think, however, what I would do when on a marathon cycling event, like a ride across the USA, what would happen if I got some food poisoning. I guess it could happen, not that it's a real worry, and I guess I'd just have to hole up somewhere until I was strong enough again. I wished I had some Gatorade on me today for electrolyte replacement.

I am starting to look at getting a road bike although I don't have any funds for it. However, I can be researching and finding out what's best for me, what I need, etc. Any marathons for me will not be for a few years anyhow. As always, I have to wait for the elderly pets to pass on. Also, I want to be on the other side of menopause, which I am starting to work my way through.

I really don't know what I'm looking for in a road bike, but I know my local bike shop will be helpful to me. Then, of course, I have to look at accessories for the bike for endurance and marathon travel. How light or heavy I travel will depend on the time of year and what part of the country I am in. I'm thinking and planning...

No comments:

Post a Comment