Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time of Death

Okay, I'm calling it. Time of death - unknown, but it's dead. Yes, I'm officially declaring my metabolism dead. Dead as a doornail. Dead as a rock. Just dead.

No amount of cycling will revive it which is freaking annoying. With nearly 40 hours spent on the bike this month and last month, you'd think SOMETHING would have kicked into gear in the metabolism, but no, it's dead. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop cycling because quite frankly, I like the adventure of it, but as a way to burn the excess fuel? Not really a great tool, and I'm not devoting more hours per month to it because quite frankly, I have a life too. Will a road bike help or just be more of the same? I don't know. Yes, my legs are stronger and leaner, but from the hips up, that part is along for the ride in a completely passive manner. Absolutely nothing is changing or happening. So, maybe it's not worth spending 40 hours or more a month riding. Maybe it's not worth doing endurance rides. You can't beat a dead horse. My metabolism is just dead. End of story. In a whole month nothing has changed. Nothing. And here's something else - 40 hrs might have only burned 3 lbs (according to Map My Ride).

I need an attitude adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment