Thursday, October 27, 2011

New roads, old roads

Today I once again took my bike to the bank and to the INSIDE of the bank. Once again the door was held open for me. Really, they don't mind, or at least they haven't fussed yet.

To go to the bank is to go about a half mile or more westward from my normal route, which means I have to double back to catch my regular route. Today I decided to take a different route home because I was getting slightly bored with my old route. Plus, part of the route would take me on the bike lane on Santa Monica Blvd. between Doheny and Kings Rd. That is actually the whole of the bike lane anyhow, but I'd never done it, and today I did it. It was not bad at all. I only encountered one car in the bike lane that was blocking traffic, and he was a bit of a pain about it, but I was eventually able to move around him. A large portion of the ride is actually pretty flat, but there's a slight hill going up to La Cienega, but I didn't have any issues at all with it.

I was also carrying two bottles of coffee creamer in a sack off one side of the handle bars and two tins of coffee off the other side, and that gave the front of the bike a bit more weight than normal.

Fun to do a new route. Will do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment